MT. BAKER HIKING TRAILS - Private Apartment Rental
North Cascades National Park - Glacier, WA
PTARMIGAN RIDGE TRAIL
Round Trip Distance: 8 miles
Hiking Time: 7 hours
High Point: 6000 ft.
Elevation Gain: 1200 ft.
Ptarmigan Ridge Mt. Baker
- The trail head begins at road end beyond Austin Pass. Start out in meadows, climb a bit to the snowy and rocky crest of a ridge open to the sky, and wander for miles on the high line toward the lofty white mass of Mt. Baker.
- At the saddle between Table Mountain and Ptarmigan Ridge, take the left fork and traverse some 2-1/2 miles to Camp Kiser. The trail swings around the south side of Colman Pinnacle.
Rainbow Glacier Mt. Baker
- The Baker-Shuksan scenery is steadily dazzling and off-trail tours of high rocks and waterfall-loud basins are constantly tempting. Listen to marmots whistling and squeaking. Watch for goats, and ptarmigan.
- Wander the climber's track beyond Camp Kiser for close views of the Rainbow Glacier.
- Complete trail information and directions are available from the Forest Ranger Station in Glacier Village.
OTHER HIKING TRAILS
TOWNHOUSE RENTAL INFORMATION: |