MT. BAKER HIKING TRAILS - Private Cabin Rental
North Cascades National Park - Glacier, WA
Round Trip Distance: 4 miles
Hiking Time: 3 Hours
High Point: 6521 ft
Elevation Gain: 1300 ft
Mt. Baker Border Peak
- An easy and popular trail through alpine meadows to a summit view of Baker, Shuksan, Icy, Border Peaks, and Tomyhoi with looks far down to Tomyhoi Lake and the forests of Silesia Creek. Especially beautiful in fall colors.
- Drive Mt Baker highway to the maintenace sheds. Turn onto Road 401 and drive 7 miles to the trail head at Twin Lakes.
- The two lakes at an elevation of 5200 ft. are often frozen until early August. The well marked trail begins at the west side of the lakes. Climb a series of switchbacks through heather, alpine trees and flowers.
- Near the top there may be a treacherous snow patch, steep with no run-out often lasting until late August.
Summit View Twin Lake
- In 1-1/2 miles the trail rounds a shoulder and levels off for the final 1/2 mile to the summit. It is a fine place for surveying the horizons from Puget Sound lowlands to the Pickets range and further north into Canada.
- Complete trail information and directions are available from the Forest Ranger Station in Glacier Village.
OTHER HIKING TRAILS
TOWNHOUSE RENTAL INFORMATION: |